Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 Minute Delay to Set Alarm To Partial?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Tinkerer

9 Minute Delay to Set Alarm To Partial?

Is it normal to have a 9 minute delay from the time I leave until the partial alarm is set in the rule/scene setting?  I left with my key fob at 2:50 today.  Reviewing the history it shows that the front door was closed at that time.  This was after leaving at 2:47, than returning (opening the door) because I forgot something.  At 2:49 the historey shows an open/closed/open pattern (don't remember if I forgot something again or not).  Finally at 2:50 the front door was closed for the last time.

At 2:59 the history shows that I departed.  At the same time it shows the scene was run.  At the same time it shows the alarm was set to partial.  Why did it take 9 minutes to recognize I left and to run the scene.  I drove away, so I would think enough distance separated me from the hub and the key fob.

4 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: 9 Minute Delay to Set Alarm To Partial?

Yes this is normal.  The system pings the keyfob every 2 minutes and has to recieve 5 consecutive "no responses" before the presence rule kicks in.

Tinkerer

@Vettesterwrote:

Yes this is normal.  The system pings the keyfob every 2 minutes and has to recieve 5 consecutive "no responses" before the presence rule kicks in.

Ouch!  That means for the 9 or 10 minutes the system is pinging, the home is not secured.  Makes me think twice about keeping that rule active and pressing the keyfob instead.

Advanced Member

It's not a bad idea to keep it active for redundancy in case you forget to lockup and set the alarm before you leave.

Rookie

hi dear mate 

No one knows for sure. However, it appears that there were physical constraints on the first mechanical alarm clocks that forced a 9-minute snooze. Later digital clocks copied the "standard" 9-minute period.

good luck Chaturbate Xnxx Tubegalore