cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon makes it sound like we can use Iris after the Iris-shutdown

Rookie

Amazon makes it sound like we can use Iris after the Iris-shutdown

Is anyone else getting the below email??? This is the second one I've gotten, and they make it SOUND like the plugs will still work with Alexa, directly, no hub, no skill. I tried but didn't have any luck. And my Leviton replacement for my coffee pot sucks, lol. 

"Please follow these steps to continue using your Iris smart home devices with Alexa:
======
1. Remove the smart home device from the Iris hub by deleting the device using the Iris App – note this action should be taken before March 31, 2019. If you experience any problems, or miss the deadline, you may need to perform a factory reset on the device, see your device instructions for more information.
2. If you control a device using the Iris skill, delete the device in the Alexa App.
3. Disable the “Iris – Optimized for Smart Home” skill in the “Skills & Games” section of the Alexa app.
4. Unplug the Iris smart home hub.
5. If you connect your smart home devices to Echo Plus 1st or 2nd Gen, or Echo Show 2nd Gen, skip to step 7. If using a third party smart home hub, like SmartThings, follow the manufacturer instructions to add your devices.
6. Enable the smart home hub skill in the Alexa app.
7. Say, "Discover my devices," or manually add the devices in the Alexa app."

5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon makes it sound like we can use Iris after the Iris-shutdown

Very curious about this as well...

Highlighted
Tinkerer

This must be only a few select people getting these notifications, because I haven’t gotten anything and I have all of the echo stuff as well

I am having the same issue. Bought the Echo Plus with the refund and am not able to get the 3 Indoor and 2 Outdoor plugs to connect. Had I known that i would have used the money to buy the 5 replacements on Amazon instead. kind of **edited** right now. Have been working with amazon and thay are trying to be helpful, but not getting anywhere so far.

Rookie

@mekrab wrote:

I am having the same issue. Bought the Echo Plus with the refund and am not able to get the 3 Indoor and 2 Outdoor plugs to connect. Had I known that i would have used the money to buy the 5 replacements on Amazon instead. kind of **edited** right now. Have been working with amazon and thay are trying to be helpful, but not getting anywhere so far.

Well that's interesting! Maybe they can explain why they made it sound like it would work. You're talking to the source!

Anyone figure this out? I bought my parents a few of the wireless plugs that don’t a hub but they stopped working with Alexa because they did go through the Iris iOS app. I followed the instructions you posted from an email but the Alexa app can’t discover the devices. Getting really frustrated over here.