cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT101 doesn't show temperture set on thermostat on app

Rookie

CT101 doesn't show temperture set on thermostat on app

I recently installed 2 CT101 thermostats with the Iris 2nd generation hub. If the temperature is adjusted on the thermostat itself the new setting does not show on the app. Is there a way to get this to work?

5 REPLIES
Tinkerer

Re: CT101 doesn't show temperture set on thermostat on app

It actually should match. You might want to force close your app and then open it and check it again. I have had trouble with mine recently. I had it set to 64 when it got warm outside and we opened some windows. Later that day after closing the windows I told Alexa to set it to 71. It showed 71 on the app but didn't change at the thermostat. I noticed it was cold and had to set it at the thermostat. This happens occasionally and I don't know why. It's not a very good thing. It is usually when I change it on the app and it doesn't reflect the change on the thermostat.

Advanced Member

I am not currently having this issue with my CT101.  I don't use the app that often, more often than not I tell Alexa what I want.  I have, however, used the app a couple of times in the last few days and each time it worked fine.

Community Manager

If you haven't already, we'd like to connect you to our support team to take a look into this. For assistance, please private message us your contact information or connect with our support team directly by calling 1-855-469-4747.

Frequent Contributor

I have five CT101 thermostats and have the exact same issue.  If I set the temperature with the app it does update on the thermostat and show the set tempearture in the app.  If I set the temperature at the thermostat the app does not update with what the temperature is set to.  It does not matter if I force close the app or not.  I am curious if you contacted support and if they had a solution for you?

Rookie

Don't most thermostats enforce a separation between the Heat setpoint and Cool setpoint of about 3 or 4 degrees, regardless of what mode the thermostat is in, so if you have it in Cool or Auto mode and set the Cool setpoint to 70, I would expect it to also set the Heat setpoint down to 67 or 66, to make sure the heating is not "fighting" the cooling, even if the mode is set only to Cool.  It looks like that is what is happening since they often appear about 3 or 4 degrees apart. It looks like the thermostat is automatically changing both setpoints when you change the Cool setpoint, because otherwise the Heat setpoint would be too high, and Iris is just letting you know what the thermostat did. Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing