cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do IRIS branded devices work with other hubs?

Frequent Contributor

Do IRIS branded devices work with other hubs?

Can I look to use my first gen door contacts, camera and motion detector with another hub?  What about the garage door opener and the schlege deadbolt I bought from Lowes?  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Tinkerer

Re: Do IRIS branded devices work with other hubs?

The Schlage stuff should work. 

From what I understand, the Iris by Lowes branded 1st generation stuff is proprietary locked, so you are more or less, like me. S.O.L.

How can I tell if I have 1st generation devices or not?  You said 1st generation won't work but I really have no idea what I got.  Any idea how I can tell what generation devices I have?

Highlighted
Advanced Member

@tinav719 wrote:

How can I tell if I have 1st generation devices or not?  You said 1st generation won't work but I really have no idea what I got.  Any idea how I can tell what generation devices I have?

A couple of ways.  First go through the redemption process any !st gen device is going to show up on the list for reimbursement. 

You can also go to each device in the app and look at it's product information link.  Go to the device list open a device, select more at top of screen and then select product info.  It will tell you on that page if a device is 1st gen.