cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General System Information

Highlighted
Rookie

I have reviewed various articles, but there seems to be an absence of information that describes the system operations. I have a number of questions regarding how the system operates, (various modes of operation?) once installed. Is IRIS always on, even when you are home? Below are some scenerios:

I am home during the day and want to know when someone has entered the house. Will a "chime" go off that indicates one of the contacts has been opened? Is so, what produces the sound - the hub?  Are there repeaters, something you could place on each floor?

When my family goes to sleep at night, what indicators are "armed" for detection. Obviously, you may not want a motion detector energized if you get up and go to the bathroom at 2 am. When you are home, do you just engaged some of the system? Can you write a program for different operating conditions?

We have a large house, we are more concerned about people entering the house undetected while we are at home than protecting the house while we are away. The later is fine, but most things can be replaced. The former involves direcly protecting a love one. If I am in the second story bedroom and someone enters the house through our walkout basement glass doors - how am I notified?

Can you interface with your system via your computer or is everything controlled via a smart phone?

4 REPLIES
Tinkerer

Re: General System Information

Hi,

I'll start with the easiest to answer first, since I'm not sure I can answer all of them anyway. 

• Yes, you can control the system through a secured website.  I changed default permissions of the website to allow Receive Notifications.
  • Push notifications can only be sent to smartphones and tablets, however I set rules to send emails to me when a selected/dedicated rule is tripped.
  • I hear a chime when the door is opened, which I think is coming from the hub but separately from the keypad (I'm not certain of the keypad)
  • Extenders/repeaters can be added to multiple locations.
  • You can use a rule to send email or push notification on whether the system is armed to "On" or "Partial".
  • You can also Manage Security Devices in a section called On/Partial.  From the instructions -->

On is ideal when no one is home, and you wish to secure your entire home.

Partial is typically used when motion sensors are not participating so you can move around the house at night without triggering the alarm.

• You can also Bypass certain sensors if you wish.  You can also remove devices from participating.

I probably missed some of the questions in your email but if I did let us know.  Hope this helps!

Rookie

Thank you for the response. Was there any source for the information provided or just your experience. Seems like they would have a manual that walks you through these issues before you buy. 

After doing some review, this is the system I am planning on installing, just don't want to spend a bunch of money and find out it doesn't fit the bill.

Thank you

Rookie

Thank you for the response. Was there any source for the information provided or just your experience. Seems like they would have a manual that walks you through these issues before you buy. 

After doing some review, this is the system I am planning on installing, just don't want to spend a bunch of money and find out it doesn't fit the bill.

Thank you

Tinkerer

Here is the support link --> https://www.irisbylowes.com/support/

I don't go into this too much anymore and not sure how useful I find it for what I'm looking for.

However, most of what I provided came from the IRIS home page found --> https://home.irisbylowes.com/ by trying various functions and learning what they do by default and how they can be changed, after you sign on of course .

EDIT: I forgot to mention another resource found here -->  http://forum.livingwithiris.com/  and this one -->  https://proxy.iriswebportal.com/