cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Removing IRIS Z-Wave network from devices with no IRIS App!

SOLVED
Frequent Contributor

Help with Removing IRIS Z-Wave network from devices with no IRIS App!

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble removing Z-Wave devices from their old IRIS z-wave network? Factory resets have NOT worked (on removing the z-wave) on my GoControl Thermostat AND Schlage Connect deadbolt. (HOURS WASTED last night trying to do this) Both devices seem to still be "paired" to the old IRIS Z-Wave network.

• The GoControl Thermostat says FAILED when I attempt to remove ZWAVE and shows it is still connected to a ZWAVE network.
  • The Schlage Connect fails everytime (blinks red X)

Every "HELP" article I have read seems to point me back to just use the Smart Hub application to remove/exclude(?) the device...we can't do this since the IRIS Ap and web portal are gone! Super Frustrated.

Is there a generic Z-Wave App that can remove the network?

ALSO maybe I can offer help if anyone has questions about transitioning to RING.

After hours of research I have decided to move to RING (they offer the keypad (without a janky work around) alarm/disarm which was a driving factor) and am in the process of setting that up. I have been able to Factory Reset my GE Smart Lights (5 of them) and they paired up to RING perfectly!

16 REPLIES 16
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with Removing IRIS Z-Wave network from devices with no IRIS App!

I just bought the Schlage FE599 yesterday and fought with it. It I wound up having to disconnect and reconnect it due to problems. It took like 2 HOURS.

To disconnect it from the Network, I did this:

DIsconnect batteries

On the Keypad, press& release the Schlage button

Then reconnect the batteries and wait till Schlage button not lit

Within 10 sec, press and hol Schlage button till it lights green and beeps

done

Like I said, this took me like two hours before it worked, and my hub was like 3 feet from the lock. I also used the Hubitat app "exclude from Z wave network". I started that app, then used the above procedure and it eventually popped up with the lock info.  Then I did this to re-pair it to the hub:

Started the pairing process on the Hubitat app (or whatever hub ur using)

Enter the locks 6 digit program code

Schlage button will flash & beep 3x

Press schlage button

Press 0

Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to share this information.

I am confused about where to get the "Hubitat" App.

In the GOOGLE Play Store I see a "Hatitat Z-Wave Client" and don't see anything in the MAC desktop App store.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Tinkerer

@illcomm33 wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to share this information.

I am confused about where to get the "Hubitat" App.

In the GOOGLE Play Store I see a "Hatitat Z-Wave Client" and don't see anything in the MAC desktop App store.

Sorry for my ignorance.

There is not currently a mobile app for Hubitat.  The "app" is web based and you can access it from any web browser.

Deb
Rookie

This is my exact scenario right now!    I have the Schlage Connect Lock and the GoControl Thermostat.  I had Iris and now have the Samsung Smart Things Hub.  

Customer service support is closed today, UGH!   

I can not get the Exclusion on the Smart Things app to do anything or the Lock or Thermostat.   I get the same Failed report on both as well.   

Any luck? 

Deb
Rookie

YAY!  Finally got the Schlage to disconnect from old Iris. And it finally connected to the Smart Things Hub.   

I looked up on Schlage how to disconnect it from the old hub and that worked.   Then it took two or three tries to get it to connect to the Smart Things but it did.   

Now I have to try the GoControl Thermostat. 

Deb
Rookie

Here is the steps I followed to add the Schlage Conenct Lock to the Smart Things

https://www.schlage.com/en/home/faq.html?id=131805

Frequent Contributor

No luck yet Deb. I tried the steps noted above on how to forget the Z-Wave network with the Schlage  but still nothing. It appears I am going to have to call them tomorrow and hopefully they have a work around.

I am trying to understand the Hubitat thing....I found the website ( https://hubitat.com/ ) but don't see anywere about just installing z-wave app/software (Tutorial video shows installing the hub and then discovering devices) If we don't have a Hubitat Hub I don't see how I can make this work.

Frequent Contributor

@illcomm33 Hubitat is another Hub, kinda like Iris only kind of a **edited** to learn how to set up. A lot of Iris people moved to it. My Hubitat advice to you won't work unless you have a Hubitat hub. However whatever your trying to pair your Schlage to, in whatever app that might be, look for an "exclude this device". Do that first, your app should see it, and then try and re-pair it. It seems like a needed step for most if not all of my Z Wave Iris devices to get them to pair with my new Hubitat hub.

Deb
Rookie

I was finally able to get them disconnected and then connected.  Both of them! 

YAY!

I looked on the Schlage website and GoControl site and found the instructions. 

While I had the Samsung SmartThings App open and went to the “Z-Wave Utilities” where you can “Exclusions”, do the steps that it says on the Schlage.

Touch the wording when it pops up on your app to do the Exclusion, then while standing outside on the Schlage keypad, “Schlage”, your 6 digit programming code, “0” and see if they connect to do the exclusion.   The green check mark on your keypad should show up.  I think I had to do it twice and it finally did it.   

Then do the same steps on the Schlage keypad but on the Samsung app, go to add a device, select Schlage, Lock, Schlage Z-Wave and they should pair.  

For the GoControl

Do the same steps on the Samsung app for the Exclusions

On the GoControl thermostat, hold the “Fan” button till it pops up in the screen and go thru the program with the arrows on the left till you get to Z-Wave, it may pop up and say “Remove”, if so then do “Select” on the thermostat.   

To add the GoControl Thermostat, to add a device select the Honeywell Thermostat.  Do the Z-Wave thermostat under Honeywell.   On the Thermostat do the same steps by holding the “Fan” button till you can use the arrows to select Z-wave and then connect.   That one connected the first time.   I went to the GoControl website for instructions and that helped.   

Good luck!