cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Removing IRIS Z-Wave network from devices with no IRIS App!

SOLVED
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with Removing IRIS Z-Wave network from devices with no IRIS App!

Thanks for the reply and detailed message! I am hoping this information helps others out as well.

The problem I have is that RING (Hub) app does not offer a “Z-Wave Utilities” like apparently SmartThings does. If anybody knows otherwise PLEASE let me know.  

Without a Z-Wave Utility to remove the products (Schlage connect, Go Control Thermostat, AND now 2 IRIS Smartplugs) I feel like I am STUCK.  

You can see the photo below that following the GoControl always ends up with FAILED whenever I try to "REMOVE" the Z-Wave.

The IRIS Smart Plugs below (which have been Factory Reset) also won't connect.  

What options do I have? I am tempted to just buy a SmartThings hub from Lowes...use it to disconnect the Z Wave network from the devices....and then return it. Any service reps from IRIS (Mike?) have any other ideas that might include using the IRIS hub?

GoControl.jpg

Iris smart.jpg

Community Manager

Reset to factory default

This device also allows to be reset without any involvement of a Z-Wave controller. This procedure should only be used when the primary controller is inoperable.

Factory Reset

WARNING: Please use this procedure only when the Z-Wave Primary Controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.

To reset the TBZ48L's Z-Wave parameters to Factory Settings (both Z-Wave and HVAC settings):

1. Remove power from the TBZ48L.

2. Hold down the MODE and FAN buttons simultaneously while powering up.

3. Release when RESET appears on the Status Line.

4. Once the TBZ48 resets the Z-Wave and HVAC settings, a DONE confirmation message will appear on the screen before the thermostat self-reboots.

via http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=en&sku=GC-TBZ48L&cert=ZC10-17055590

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Mike! I will try these steps on the GoControl thermostat once I get home.  Any ideas/thoughts on the Schlage or IRIS V3 smartplugs? 

I definitely appreicate your contiuned support/replies. From a few pasts posts I did in the past I remember your name and your customer service has always been top notch. 

Frequent Contributor

I might have just found my answer and wanted to share with the community.  Hopefully these steps will work and save someone else the frustration. It appears there is a Z-Wave utility within the RING App. I will post the results when I get home.

This was a CHAT with a RING representative in regards to the Schlage Lock.

You're right it doesn't, to get the lock reset to it's default settings and disconnected from the Iris network, follow these steps:

Tap the menu
Tap Devices
Tap the base station
Tap Base Station
Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner
Tap Advanced Options
Tap Zwave
Tap Remove Zwave device
When the screen prompts "listening for devices"
Follow the manufacturer's instructions to factory reset the lock.

Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to share that the steps listed above worked! I was able to remove the Z-Wave network from both the Schalge Connect (BE469) and GoControl Thermostat using the RING app on my andriod. I went ahead a paired/added the Schlage Connect to the RING network and it works great. I have not attempted to add the GoControl yet until I figure out Thermostat support from RING. (Ex. I added a Utilitech Siren using "add a z-wave device" and Ring coded it as a switch....meaing I could sound the alarm by turning it on and off...like a light!)

Hope this posts helps others moving from IRIS to RING.  

Thank you everyone for really taking time to try and help me solve this issue. 

Rookie

I've been trying to un-pair devices from IRIS too without the App.  None of the solutions mentioned are working for me.  I'm trying to un-pair the Utilitech Siren and the First Alert Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors.  I can't get either into pairing mode even with factory resets.  Smartthings rep said to plug in the IRIS hub and do a factory reset on the hub, but that hasn't worked either.  Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Frequent Contributor

I would try this process.

Excluding or resetting a device that is not yet connected to SmartThings
(General Device Exclusion)

Perhaps you're having trouble adding a Z-Wave device that was previously in use by a SmartThings Hub or another type of Z-Wave controller. Or maybe your new device won’t connect after several attempts. Sometimes a device partially connects, or is partially removed, behind the scenes. Resetting/excluding the device through the General Z-Wave Device Exclusion process will likely fix these problems. Then, you will be able to connect the device as usual.

Here are the steps to perform a General Z-Wave Device Exclusion in the SmartThings Classic app:

For iOS users:

1. Tap More
  2. Tap the Hub
  3. Tap Z-Wave Utilities
  4. Tap General Device Exclusion
  5. Tap Remove
  6. When you see the message "Please follow manufacturer's instructions to remove the Z-Wave device from My SmartThings," perform the required exclusion process (e.g., pressing a button on the device)

For Android users:

1. Tap the menu
  2. Tap the Hub
  3. Tap Z-Wave Utilities
  4. Tap General Device Exclusion
  5. When you see the message "Please follow manufacturer's instructions to remove the Z-Wave device from My SmartThings," perform the required exclusion process (e.g., pressing a button on the device)

If the reset is executed successfully, you will see a message that says the device has been successfully removed from SmartThings. You will then be free to connect the device by following these steps.