cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Vera compare?

Tinkerer

How does Vera compare?

Has anyone used Vera? It seems like a lot of us avoided ST when we chose Iris but I wasn't even aware of Vera till this came about.  It appears it will do both HA and security and limited cameras. It has both an app and web ui. Also looks like it is compatible with a lot of brands. I am getting more than enough from Lowe's to start over (time and hassle aside) but it seems like the more you look and read about different systems the more confusing it gets. 

10 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: How does Vera compare?

Hi Everyone,

Full disclosure up front: I’m writing from Vera Home Control. We heard the news and want to let you know that we are here to help.

To begin with, should you choose Vera for your new smart home platform, we’ll be offering 30 minutes of our Vera EasyStart service for FREE. This personalized phone call with one of our best-in-class customer care representatives will make your onboarding to Vera as smooth as possible. We’re already integrated with many Iris-compatible devices, and are currently putting together bundles of controllers and additional devices designed exclusively for Iris users.

If you’re not familiar with Vera, here’s a quick rundown. We’ve been in business for ten years. Our platform is beloved for its flexibility, interoperability, and its compatibility with multiple protocols. We also have a robust community of developers. Last year we were acquired by Ezlo Innovation, and with the new resources they provided, we’ve spent the last several months solidifying and expanding our platform.

We aren’t going anywhere, so if you’re looking for a new home for your smart devices, Vera will welcome you to the family with open arms.

More to come. Stay tuned, or visit getvera.com to learn about your special offers.

Thanks.

Tinkerer

Josh - when will we be able to see the bundles? I saw on another site there would be 6 different bundles available for IRIS users. On your (VERA)  home page it has the IRIS to VERA advertisement but no link to bundles. Is that coming soon?  

Follow up - I e-mailed VERA directly and they sent me the bundle prices. There are 6 bundles ranging from 99 to 299. For the most part the Hub is the major cost within the bundle.  

Frequent Contributor

To JoshfmVera,

im very interested, will Vera set up a notication for iris users to get updates on your product offer over the next few weeks, or a hotline to ask some questions?

Frequent Contributor

Hello wand9601

Our Customer Care team is prepared to answer any of your inquiries and offer full support for the transition.

The Customer Care team can be reached at 866.966.2272 or support@getvera.com

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Josh,

thanks for for the info. I contacted support via email with a series of questions and got a personalized response within hours. It was very helpful and appreciated.

with that, and watching some utube instructional videos on setting up scenes I’ll be picking Veraplus. I like that the setup of a scene with triggers is in a logical sequence. I also like that it has groups/rooms, and geofencing. The plug ins for Harmony, Somfy, and Sonos are what I’m looking for. 

Two others i coulnt find were were for Ecobee and Ring. Will those be available soon?

Thanks

Tinkerer

Vera is at the top of my list also. It seems to have the bases covered from both a HA and Security stand point. Plus it has both an app and web ui which I prefer. My only hesitation at this point is that their user forum has the same old "Stability" complaints that all systems seem to have. Once they come out this week with their testing of IRIS products compatibility  it will be decision time. No point waiting for Visa Prepaid card as it seems there is no clear answer when it will be coming!

Josh - it is now thursday, any update on compatability?

Frequent Contributor

Hi Augie,

We're still testing Iris products in house but we'll need more time for this. As soon as I have more on this I'd love to share.

Tinkerer

Josh -

Good to hear you are still here. I know there are lots of us waiting to hear reults!!

Rookie

Hi Josh - I was using my Iris system primarily for elder care monitoring and secondarily for home automation.  The Iris feature that was most helpful to me was getting a telephone call for certain notifications (not just text/push/email).  I saw that at one time you had Vera Protect monitoring which I assume would give a phone call but it is not longer available.  Do you have any solution to get telephone call notifications?  I am leaning towards moving to Vera given your long list of compatible, but I'm not sure about notifications.

Thanks!