cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get IP addresses of Iris-BCAM-LW ?

Highlighted
Tinkerer

How to get IP addresses of Iris-BCAM-LW ?

I negelcted to collect the IP address before the shutdown, I followed a few steps beforehand but never saw the IP addresses and honestly I've been swamped with a home remodel. I've got some time and am trying to connect them to iSpy and Blue Iris but not having much success. 

5 REPLIES 5
Tinkerer

Re: How to get IP addresses of Iris-BCAM-LW ?

On the camera itself, there will be a MAC address printed on a label. Match that MAC address to the IPs in your routers management console. 

Sorry I can't be more specific without knowing what router and router firmware you are using.

Tinkerer

Tinkerer

Seems to be port issue now. Ironically iSpy found the cam earlier, and had identified the correct IP address but gives a 404 error. 

Whew, hope someone gets Arcus up and running. 

Tinkerer

I always, as best I can, put a comment on each WiFi/Ethernet device on my Comcast modem/router.  This makes it easier to identify.  I also forgot to comment on my IRIS indoor camera.  By process of elimination I found my camera and have since put a static address on it to make it even easier to identify.  Now that I know what the IP address is, I've been looking at options to see if I can use the camera through some sort of server/software but have not been successful yet.  I haven't tried iSpy or Blue IRIS yet.

Tinkerer

@oblvnwtnjhn wrote:

I negelcted to collect the IP address before the shutdown, I followed a few steps beforehand but never saw the IP addresses and honestly I've been swamped with a home remodel. I've got some time and am trying to connect them to iSpy and Blue Iris but not having much success. 

FWIW, I got the IRIS indoor (V2) camera working using IP Cam Viewer Lite as per the Living With(out) Iris forum, see THIS LINK.  Initial setup was simple.  I selected Sercomm for the camera make and RC8030 as the model (even though I believe the Iris model is diferent number), and finally the internal IP address for my camera.  I did have to reset the IP address since it thought it was still connected to Iris.  I didn't pay for the upgrade yet, which unlocks recording and more but I can see a surveillance-like view of what the camera is pointed at.  When I flash my hand in front of the camera I can see it very quickly, very little lag.