cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to patronize Lowes for my replacement of Iris but...

Tinkerer

I want to patronize Lowes for my replacement of Iris but...

It would appear that Lowe's, at least my local locations, are far from committed to smart home / home security, what is in stock is zero systems, zero hubs, zero sensors, zero smart bulbs.

The only items avaialble are items I am not ready for yet. I will be, just not yet, and that is the smart switches. In favor of rewiring the house to get smart light, and fan controls I am planning on going with the Hampton Bay ZigBee fan / light control unit that mounts in the fan itself, so that brings my grand total of needed fan controls to one for an unlighted fan, and my wife is trying to talk me into finding and installing a light kit on that fan (it's less than 3 years old and we both love the look of the fan!), which would mean I would need another of those combo controls, and then 3 light switches for areas that don't need dimmers. And then there would be about a half dozen dimmers left to do...

FWIW, I am not sure how much more effort Samsung / ADT are going to put into the ADT Smartthings platform, but I don't want the ADT smoke alarms, as my Kidde dual sensor, dual power alarms are better units, ADT Pulse now accepts signal from Alexa Guard, assuming they can integrate that with ADT Smartthings I will sign up shortly for monitored service...