cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris Web Portal Fix.

Re: Iris Web Portal Fix.

Just talked with tech support. My take is... the winner is no longer the system with the greatest compatibility, or the system that goes out of its way to be most helpful. That's old school.  It's 2018, and this is about business.  I'm guessing if Iris wants to update the functionalty of their app or web offering to match what was available through the "unofficial" portal, they will have to pay big bucks, or some type of royalty to it's author.  I'm also guessing that Lowes corporate is saying NO WAY, just like they have to marketing the Iris brand within Lowes stores, compared to other offerings.  There are two sides to every argument and both sides must agree to do what is best for the consumer, do what is best for their bottom line, or walk away leaving the customer to sort it out for themselves.

Walk into any Lowes, then into any Home Depot, and you'll see which way this is going.  It's a balancing act. Money vs Reputation.

Tinkerer

Yes bring it back.

This portal was the only thing that didn't suck about Iris. If this doesn't get fixed, I want my money back Lowe's.

Highlighted

Frequent Contributor

I'm really missing the history export now. Monitoring my house whilst i'm away is essential to me and is quite impossible with the worse-than-useless 'History' screen provided by '.irisbylowes'. When you've invested in a multitude of Iris devices there are so many events that just observing a screen is no where near adequate.

!The export history provided by the Web-Portal has no substitute!

Frequent Contributor

We already know how good Lowe's is at breaking cr@p, i.e.,

* Iris support for Blue Line Power Monitors,

* Iris support for 3G modems,

* Iris support for Version 1 Range Extenders,

* Iris support for Version 1 HTML Web Interface,

* Iris support for Version 1 Operating System

* Iris support for Version 1 Hubs,

* Iris support for Version 1 "Groups",

to name but a few examples.  We know you're good at that, like it or not.

Now it would appear (by your silence on the matter) that you have intentionally gone out of your way to divert precious resources in order to break the one thing you had absolutely no stake in creating, that actually made your products work better and made them somewhat more appreciated by your customerbase? 

What on GOD's Green Earth are you people thinking?

You should have hired thegillion to help you fix this mess but instead you have chosen tvillianize him as a security threat and allienated his flock?

Are you people high on **edited**?

Would you prefer if we all just scrapped our Iris products and moved to something else to relieve the pressure on your hardware and software developement teams and product managment?  

Please tell us what you're logic is here because we're all standing out here second guessing you and thinking you're loosing your grip or something worse cause all your giving us is CRICKETS!. 

Let us know what we can do to help you right the ship and get back on course, PLEASE! 

And PLEASE FIX THE IRIS WEB PORTAL BEFORE YOU GO HOME TONIGHT PLEASE !