cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris Web Portal Fix.

SOLVED

Re: Iris Web Portal Fix.

https://proxy.iriswebportal.com/   Portal is up and running. Thanks, @IrisUsers and a 6 pack of beer for the help Smiley Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Frequent Contributor

About time!
Tinkerer

Thegillon,

I am almost ready to jump ship on this Official Iris App and Irisbylowes.com interface. For me to get notifications on scenes I have to build the scene in Irisbylowes.com and finish it off in the Iris App. This is s complete waste of time. I was actually looking to return this system after only 6 days of use (I have had that many issues). If your web portal is that good then I may consider keeping it (at least before my 90 days is up). I didn’t know you have to have premium service to unlock functions such as programming thermostats, water control etc. they told me all automation was fee with the exception of automating cameras to record upon motion detection.

I am working on adding other things to the portal. There is a lot in there now.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Advanced Member

@Zone23wrote:

I am almost ready to jump ship on this Official Iris App and Irisbylowes.com interface. For me to get notifications on scenes I have to build the scene in Irisbylowes.com and finish it off in the Iris App. This is s complete waste of time. I was actually looking to return this system after only 6 days of use (I have had that many issues). If your web portal is that good then I may consider keeping it (at least before my 90 days is up). I didn’t know you have to have premium service to unlock functions such as programming thermostats, water control etc. they told me all automation was fee with the exception of automating cameras to record upon motion detection.

Apparently you have a lot to learn young grasshopper.  You don't have to start building a scene in the web interface and then "finish it off" in the app to get notifications.  You can create a scene and set it up to recieve notifcations in either the web interface or the app.  Also, you don't have to be on the premium plan to unlock the functions you mentioned.   With the exception of having cameras record anything, all the Iris automation functionality is available on the free plan. 

Tinkerer

Here is a link from another post. I also been on phone calls with level 1 and level 2 support with evidence on another issue I had. Notifications was on on my end but off on their end. I sent them a print screen of my scene to them and they agreed it was different on theirs. They were going to discuss with their team why it was like this and get back to me. No response was given yet. The next morning, my notification was off for that same scene.

Below is the link to the discussion of having to create a scene in the irisbylowes.con interface and finishing off in the app. It’s only in the app I can select if I want the action turned on/off because the irisbylowes.com interface defaults to off and you can’t change it. Also, I asked about the premium service unlocking other actions because when I looked at actions in the scene of irisbylowes.com interface, it mentions it. In the link in the second to last post o copied and pasted exactly what I had in the irisbylowes.cm interface.

https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Solutions-Projects-How-To-and/App-and-Irisbylowes-com-on-iphone...
Advanced Member

I have read all your posts and obviously there is something wrong with the way your scene was setup.   I would suggest you delete the scene you are having issues with and recreate it using just the app.  Also, like Terminal mentioned, make sure if you have scene scheduled that it is enabled during the scheduled period. 

Tinkerer

Thanks for the tip. I have built deleted scenes, deleted app, built scenes myself and built scene with support. They suggested to build scenes in irisbylowes.com. Which I did, and that’s where I came across having to start the scene in the Irisbylowes.com and finishing it off in the app. The notification works now, but it’s a lot of platforms to use this create s scene.
Advanced Member

I created a scene in the web interafce and was able setup notifications and it worked just fine so there has to be something that you're doing wrong.  If you want to post your issue on the living with Iris forum we can post screenshots and I may be able to help.

forum.livingwithiris.com

Highlighted
VIP

+1 mouse, -1 Iris.