cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris Wi-Fi Smart Switch

SOLVED
Operations Director

Re: Iris Wi-Fi Smart Switch

I really like this idea. As long as you have a Wi-Fi network to connect to you should be good to go.

Highlighted
Operations Director

Great idea. I have a similar problem in my crawl space. I'll make sure the Product Team gets the rule suggestion.

Operations Director

The Wi-Fi Smart Switch does not monitor power. We left this functionality out to keep it as affordable as possible for as many people as possible. However; the Iris Smart Plug does monitor power. However; it connects to an Iris Hub via the ZigBee radio rather than Wi-Fi.

Operations Director

I'll suggest this rule to the Digital Product Team.

Advanced Member

@patrickYou guys really need to add a quote function to the forum.  It looks like you posted 4 times responding to people in this thread, but I have no idea who you are responding to.

Community Manager

@Terminal wrote:

@patrickYou guys really need to add a quote function to the forum.  It looks like you posted 4 times responding to people in this thread, but I have no idea who you are responding to.

Quoting is available, but it's not as prominent as we'd like currently. You can do so by clicking the Quote button after clicking Reply. We're working to make this feature more prominent and the default as it certainly does help readability and flow.

Advanced Member

@Iris wrote:

@Terminal wrote:

Quoting is available, but it's not as prominent as we'd like currently. You can do so by clicking the Quote button after clicking Reply. We're working to make this feature more prominent and the default as it certainly does help readability and flow.

I see, I just assumed it was just going to quote the original post like it did in other forums.  Good to know.

Beginner

I'd like to make suggestion to the development team for adding a single button on the app to turn all the lights on or off with a single button. I think this would be a great feature for a family coming home or leaving after any set schedule times that may be already set in the rules section of the app. And it would be a great security feature to access all lights on in the event of a possible intruder. Thanks for a great product and keep up the good work.

From : A new user whom plans on adding more products to my home.

Advanced Member

This function is already available utilizing scenes.

Tinkerer

@cobra427cable

I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a rule that is called "Turn Off a Device That's Been On Too Long". You could use that to **edited** your smart plug running the pump.