cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keypad does not arm house anymore just beeps

Tinkerer

Keypad does not arm house anymore just beeps

So after 2 1/2 days of everything running perfect since a Saturday issue, my keypad cannot arm the house (4 1/2 weeks I have had Iris and the system has run with no issues at best for 4 straight days in that time period). I press partial and it just beeps. Battery is st 100 percent on the portal. How can I fix this and how will my kids not encounter this when they come home at a random time?
14 REPLIES 14
Tinkerer

Re: Keypad does not arm house anymore just beeps

I removed device and paired it again. It still will not arm the Iris system.
Tinkerer

Why all the sudden do I have to press partial and on twice on the keypad to arm the system? Makes NO sense
Tinkerer

Have you tried double pressing the Partial button?  I have to do that if a door with a sensor on it is open or ajar or motion is detected in the case of setting the alarm to On.  Since I'm still running Simplisafe parallel to Iris, part of SS arming (Home) is to have the door open, which can cause confusion if in a hurry.  I have my wife double press the arming buttons to avoid no arming at all.  Than once the guilty culprit, motion sensor for example, than everything is fine.

Tinkerer

Pressing it twice is the bypass function.  Perhaps a sensor is ajar or motion is detected, depedning on how you set things up.

Tinkerer

SFink,
Per previous post I had to double press partial to arm system. It used to be one press and it would arm. All sensors intact. No doors have been open since about 6pm. This thing is like a toy.
Tinkerer

The sensors could be slightly move during the course of repeated opening and closing the door.  The connection could be lost.  You can try to buy the door hinge and might find better success in the connection.  Battery level in the door sensor could also be a problem.

Tinkerer

Wow....now my garage sensor is offline. Just happened now since I looked at the portal 15 min ago and app and all sensors were online. Had this system for 4 1/2 weeks and never once did I have a sensor drop until all of them did last Saturday. Now my garage sensor drops? This is becoming comical from everything going on, not only from day one, but from last Saturday. I thought I was in the clear after this weekend.
Note: Perfect function of Iris lasted 2 1/2 days. Longest it acted perfect with no issues in the 4 plus weeks I have had it was 4 days.
Tinkerer

SFink,
No way I’m spending more money on this setup on doorhinges or on Iris products. I’m literally just buying time right now. Batteries are at 77 percent in portal and OK in app. Side garage door hasn’t been opened since yesterday.
Tinkerer

So I successfully re-paired my sensor twice. I went back to mount the sensor twice. Each time the sensor becomes offline in 5 minutes. Nothing has changed in my home. Nothing added and battery is fine.