cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes refund quirk.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Lowes refund quirk.

While sad to seet Iris go, I've been impressed at the financial side of things to fund the transfer of the system up to the confirmation email I received after signing off on the agreement.  Throughout the refund process it was alluded that the payments would go right out with an email to track it. After doing the refund the email confirmation said this:

"You agree to accept a Visa Prepaid Card as tender of your redemption, and that we may issue and initiate delivery of your Visa Prepaid Card within a reasonable period of time, which may occur after March 31, 2019 but no longer than one (1) year from the date We are able to validate your submission in its entirety"

Lowes stubs their toe again. This was an easy, slow pitch for me to not **edited** but here I am. I hope I'm not waiting for a year.

5 REPLIES 5
Tinkerer

Re: Lowes refund quirk.

So the question is - Has anyone received notification their redemption card is on the way? It will be interesting to see when they start going out! 

Over on the "livingwithiris" site some folks said they spoke to CS and were told 2-4 weeks after filling out form. 

Rookie

Goin on 4 week for me, nothing yet.

Rookie

The refund came shortly after my post today 02/27/2019, all was as they promised, Thank-you Lowes, I have now ordered a new system, decided to go with RING, we have the doorbell it works well, the monitoring is very resonable, so now ever thing will work together, and we are able to purchase more devices than we had with Iris. Good luck all!

Frequent Contributor

I have my refund.  Can't cash the card out for cash, but it works.  Glad there was any kind of an option.  They could have walked away 

I have received my card. However while I was able to use it for about 10 days, it was all of a sudden "suspended" I had over $200 left on the card. I tried calling the number listed (800-733-7152) several times since Friday. All I got when entering my information was "Sorry you are having difficulty with our system, please call back at another time" Then the call was disconnected. I called MetaBank corp. offices this morning and their representative "Justin" said that MetaBank did not actually issue the card (even though it clearly states that on the back of your card). I pressed for more information and he said that 'Young America' is the company that actually handles the rebate card. He gave me the same number and said to press 1 for English and you should then get options to select, select #5, then wait through their 2-3 min talk and it will give you the option to press 0 to speak with an operator. After three attemps it worked for me. The individual said that the card had to be sent to Escalations Dept. and it would take 72 hours for my card to be reinstated. She could not e-mail confirmation. Nor could she give me any other number to call. I did get a "submission ID" which is supposed to help identify that I called to have this mess taken care of. My advice to anyone that receives your card is to use it a soon as possible. There was no reason for them to suspend the card, I am the only one using it and I verified each charge. Just seems a bit 'off' to me. Good Luck!