cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitsubishi Wall Mounted Air Conditioner and Heat System

SOLVED
Rookie

Mitsubishi Wall Mounted Air Conditioner and Heat System

I am installing a Mitsubishi Wall Mounted Air Conditioner and Heat System in a section of the house.  Does anyone know a way to control this unit with Iris?

7 REPLIES 7
Tinkerer

Re: Mitsubishi Wall Mounted Air Conditioner and Heat System

Are you able to hook up one of the IRIS theromostats to that unit?

Rookie

The unit is controlled by a remote - so I doubt it.  Was wondering if anyone else figured a solution.

Tinkerer

I have heard of some higher end split units that do have connections to hook up a thermostat.
I've never used one though. The last split unit I encoutered had a section in the manual that detailed this, however it was one of those "only on model **edited**" notes, which did not apply to the particular model I was using.

Highlighted
Advanced Member

I had put in a feature request over on the other forum for some type of integration with a IR transmitter.  IrisByLowes responded with what seemed like it might be something coming in the not so distant future.  That was July of 2015, however, so I wouldn't hold my breath..

Frequent Contributor

I have a Mitsubishi MR SLIM with multiple zones. The answer is yes this is possible but it is expensive. There is a third party company which sells a special adapter which connected to the indoor unit and allows you to connect a standard thermostat (or an Iris thermostat). The problem is this adapter costs almost $250. If you have 3 indoor units that is $750. plus the cost of the Iris thermostat which means this would cost almost $1100 total. It is possible, but was so expensive, i just learned to live with it as-is.

http://www.ecomfort.com/Mitsubishi-PAC-US444CN-1/p51056.html?utm_term=5105651056&var1=ecomfortusa&va...

Rookie

Ouch!

Tinkerer

I know that GE has some through-the-wall or window units that support a standard 24v thermostat.
I believe the model numbers start with AJ. Not all of the AJ units support this (the one I was using did not, but referenced using a thermostat on "supported models") It didn't need a special adapter, I believe it gave you a diagram for connecting the thermostat directly to the AC.
I would assume if this feature is available in a window unit, there are probably some mini-split units out which have it also.