cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New V1 sensors to V2 hub

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

New V1 sensors to V2 hub

I just got IRIS the latest version.  Everything is stable and solid so far.  I want to add a few V1 contact sensors to my V2 Hub.  They have thinner magnet that will fit in between the sashes of my double-hung windows (V2 magnet is just a tad too thick).   I know there’s been lots of issues converting older V1 equipment to V2 hubs, but what about adding the currently sold V1 sensors to the latest V2 hub?  The specs say they are compatible, however I know not to trust the specs.  Will they really be as stable as V2 sensors?   I’ve read horror stories here how doing anything out of “straight path” can throw the entire system into chaos, so I really don’t want to experiment.  The only reason I’m considering it is to save money and have 1 sensor per window instead of 1 on each sash.  Any advice?  Again, if there is any increased risk of destabilizing the system, then I would rather spend more money on V2 stuff.

2 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: New V1 sensors to V2 hub

I have 160+ devices on my system with a mix of both V1 and V2 and I haven't had any issues. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: New V1 sensors to V2 hub

I also have V1 Contact Sensors (9) and have had no problems (other than when I blew up my V1 hub and then tried to switch to V2 as soon as it came out. But do not place blame on the Iris system for that).

J. Mills