cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REDEMPTION NIGHTMARE

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

REDEMPTION NIGHTMARE

If you happen to live in a rural area as I do and have no USPS mail delivery to your physical address, Lowe's will NOT make an exception for you. You CAN'T complete the redemption form. Lowe's is bound and determined to only send Visa cards via USPS. No exceptions. My only solution was to call my local postmaster and ask him to let me use his physical address -- no PO box number. He was kind enough to make an one-time-only exception. Other possibilites for you may be to use your work address (I have none -- I am retired) or a family member's address that does have USPS delivery -- signature required. An extreme measure would be to temporaily rent an address at a UPS mailbox store.

It was very disappointing that the redemption form was inadequately designed...no provision for rural customers. I am sure I am NOT Lowe's ONLY rural customer.

Hope this helps!

2 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: REDEMPTION NIGHTMARE

Would have been nice if they offered pick up in your local Lowe's 

Re: REDEMPTION NIGHTMARE

I have the same issue.  Normally for these sorts of things you can just enter the address of your local post office, and put your box number in the second line.  I haven't submitted yet because I wasn't sure how they were being delivered.  As long as they are being mailed by the USPS, though, there shouldn't be any problem; it should just be held at the counter like any other PO Box delivery requiring a signature.

https://ribbs.usps.gov/mtcsa/documents/tech_guides/pbsacustomeragreement.pdf