cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really tired of this system not working properly !!!

Really tired of this system not working properly !!!

So I am about to give up and try a different system as I have contacted tech support SO many times and my issues still continue.  My main issue is the garage door module dosnt work solid for more than about 3 or 4 weeks unless you unplug power to the module and cycle the door up and down every 3 or 4 weeks. If you dont do this, it become unresponsive and quits communicating with the hub with no notification. I was told it was a bad door module but we have had it exchanged and same issue so seems it is an issue with the hub.

Other complaint is the history section of the app does not work properly. You are supposed to be able to switch between today and yesterday and it will only show history for the current day and most of the time it will only show a couple hours worth of history there. 

We have several hundred dollars invested in this system and its performance sux !!! 

9 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: Really tired of this system not working properly !!!

The history bug in the IOS app was pointed out to them in June of 2017 and they acknowledged the problem,  They do not seem to inclined to fix it, however.

As to the GDOs, I moved mine over to ST and have no issues.  I had very few issues when they were on Iris either.  I will say that I occasionally had to reset them to get them working again but it wasn't very often.  I can't remember having to do it at all since moving to ST.

ST has it issues as well, I actually use both.  For simple task Iris is easy to set up and works well, but if you want to do something outside thier cookie cutter rules, then you're stuck.

Advanced Member

I moved my Linear garage door controller to ST as well but only so I could automate the closing of it when we leave the house (geofencing) in case we forget to close it.  I know I could do this with a alarm state change on Iris if I used presence sensors but I don't have room for that fob along with my car keys in my pocket and I always have my phone.  As far as the garage door controller reliablility I had the 3-4 week reliability issue on the first gen Iris hub, however before I moved it to ST it was consistent for at least 3-4 months at a time on the gen 2 hub, however I had also put a gen 2 Smart Plug in the garage to boost the signal as well.  You may want to try a SmartPlug in the garage if you haven't.  Since moving it to ST I've had to pull the plug, plug it in, and push the button to reconnect it once or twice as well when it quit responding so ST didn't make it any more reliable for me.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Rookie

I've had a CT101 for almost 5 years now. In the beginning it worked fine, probably 3 1/2 years. Ever since it has been disconnecting itself from my Iris hub and reconnecting at random. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when either event happens. I've talked to Iris support,1st and 2nd level, with no positive results. Sometimes we can connect it, sometimes not. The last 2nd level support rep got it connected, but then it wouldn't follow my program any longer. Has anyone else had similar problems with this thermostat? I'm about ready to scrap it and try a Honeywell. They have 3 models that supposedly work with Iris. BTW, I tried 5 times to reconnect it this morning and finally gave up. It's in manual mode now so we can get some heat into our Michigan house.

Tinkerer

I had 2 of these connected to 2 different systems.  I had similar random disconnections.  I ended up swapping both of them for Honeywells.  I get weird history logs in Iris for the Honeywells, though.  Like "Heat set to 69 degrees" when it actually should read "Cool set to 79 degrees".  I just use the Honeywell app for most everything except occasional manual temp changes while I have the Iris app open.

Advanced Member

As I stated in the other post I have move most everythign to ST but the CT101 I left on Iris.  I have had mine for quite some time now as well, probably close to 5 years.  It has never given me any issues.  

Advanced Member

I've had mine since June 2014 and other than changing batteries every year or so, I haven't had do anything with it.

Advanced Member

@Terminal wrote:

As I stated in the other post I have move most everything to ST but the CT101 I left on Iris.  I have had mine for quite some time now as well, probably close to 5 years.  It has never given me any issues.  

This is not completely true as I had forgotten that my CT101 will not run in Auto mode.  I don't remember exactly what kind of issues I had as it was quite a awhile ago, but it did weird things when I tried to run auto mode.   As long as I kept it in heat or cool mode it was fine.  Not sure if that is an Iris or a thermostat issue.

Advanced Member

@Terminal wrote:

This is not completely true as I had forgotten that my CT101 will not run in Auto mode.  I don't remember exactly what kind of issues I had as it was quite a awhile ago, but it did weird things when I tried to run auto mode.   As long as I kept it in heat or cool mode it was fine.  Not sure if that is an Iris or a thermostat issue.

Seems to be working OK now.

IMG_2423.JPG

Advanced Member

@Vettester wrote:

@Terminal wrote:

Seems to be working OK now.

IMG_2423.JPG

I haven't tried it in a long time as it's not really a big deal here where I am.  We never have a situation where you will run heat and air on the same day.  You need heat and then I can turn off the system for a month or so and then turn on air, until I can turn it off again for awhile.

At my new place I installed a Nest Themostat and I have it on Auto and it seems to be working.