cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solutions Page in Iris website-not updated?

Highlighted
Tinkerer

Solutions Page in Iris website-not updated?

Hello,

I was on the solutions page today and I thought the automation with the exception of recording video was free. More than half the solutions and automozation on the Solutions section shows actions such as locking doors, light turning on when you walk in room etc., requires Premium service? Can this be clarified? Are we limited what we could do for free? Recently I qualified for free pro-monitoring for a year and would like to know what is actually free and what is not when the promotion of pro-monitoring is done.
Thanks
11 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: Solutions Page in Iris website-not updated?

Tinkerer

Thanks Vetester, we are aware of the plans but on Solutions page and it still has premium or pro service needed on a lot of actions(even though I know it doesn’t, some people looking to buy don’t). I had two neighbors pointed it out for me over the weekend since they are searching for alarm system and I mentioned Iris to both. They seem to think that Iris can switch all that free stuff back to charging people $9.99. I try to justify to them (even though I’m still up in the air about the system) and they pointed out the Solutions page and said you need Premium on a lot of basic functions even though the plans say otherwise. They notified me they will steer clear of Iris because if they can’t keep up with website updates, they are not positive about the product itself. They are now going with Simplisafe or waiting for Ring.
https://www.irisbylowes.com/solutions/#!/
Tinkerer

@Zone23wrote:
Thanks Vetester, we are aware of the plans but on Solutions page and it still has premium or pro service needed on a lot of actions(even though I know it doesn’t, some people looking to buy don’t). I had two neighbors pointed it out for me over the weekend since they are searching for alarm system and I mentioned Iris to both. They seem to think that Iris can switch all that free stuff back to charging people $9.99. I try to justify to them (even though I’m still up in the air about the system) and they pointed out the Solutions page and said you need Premium on a lot of basic functions even though the plans say otherwise. They notified me they will steer clear of Iris because if they can’t keep up with website updates, they are not positive about the product itself. They are now going with Simplisafe or waiting for Ring.

I'm in the middle of switching from SimplisSafe now to Iris.  A security system that doesn't have encryption from devices to hub is not a security system at all.  I had SimpliSafe version2 and would have to be required to switch to version 3 for encryption security to be added.  What kind of security company doesn't provide encryption from the start.  Also, your complaint about Iris not allowing Free stuff to work is puzzling when you consider that SS doesn't offer Free stuff worth anything.  Their less expensive monitoring is $15.  For that $15 you can't do a thing but look at the history of the settings, NOTHING ELSE!  You need to cough up another $10 for $25 a month for that honor.  I have no idea what ring will do for Pro monitoring but I expect that it won't be cheap and certainly expect it to have plenty of limitations as well.  Here is the SS flaw in the 2017 version of it's product:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2016/02/17/simplisafe-alarm-attacks/#3c1b26b23b00

Advanced Member

@Zone23wrote:

The solutions page is definitely not up to date and if you keep digging, I am sure you will find other pages on the Iris website that are not current as well.  It is obvious that Lowe’s does not do a very good job of maintaining their websites.  If you are going to judge the Iris system by how well the website is maintained then maybe Simply Safe is a better choice for you.

Tinkerer

Why have my responses been deleted...twice? It was an honest response. Is it because I mentioned other system while backing up Iris?
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

I am not sure what is going on but we do not delete posts here regardless of whether they are critical or not (as can be seen by reading through many threads :-)

I do know that sometimes this forum software will glitch; I sometimes will make sure to copy my text before I post in case I need to repost although that is pretty rare. 

All I can suggest is to please try again. We are glad you are here and want to hear what you have to say.

Thanks,

-Mike

Tinkerer

Sure thing. Thanks Mike. I may try a third time. Just like deleting and creating scenes, just to make notifications work.
Tinkerer

No luck with posting. It said it would need to be approved? I get s message saying on my original post that
“This reply was marked with spam and will be removed”
Tinkerer

My neighbors were mainly pointing the inconsistencies and options that they would rather go with. They are well aware of Simplisafe pricing. Adobe is pricier but more stable and Scout is good too. Ring, we don’t know the automation it will have, but I know it will work with Schlage locks off the bat and per a recent article it will slowly develop other products into the system. Just like Iris did. You can’t pass up the $10/month for Pro Monitoring that they will have. I still have Iris and there are less bugs from when I first got it (the first 7 days I had issues that would would take a life time to achieve on any system). I don’t know if the bugs are just Iris related but my two previous posts on this topic were on here and then gone. I thought they were removed because I read them and even went to the post afterwards. But i was notified that there is a “glitch” when posting to this forum and I should copy and paste in the future. There seems like a glitch in at least something with the app, devices, notifications and now this. But I’m still here with hope. As an alarm so far it’s pretty good. Although my internet went down for 8 minutes last night and I did not get notifications (not sure if you’re supposed to get any for WiFi being down) I did have a banner on app that said “Hub Offline”.