cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectral for the Iris Cameras.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Spectral for the Iris Cameras

@thegillion wrote:

Yeah the V3 cameras with not work with this system.

Oh these are V3? So weird they semi worked when I first signed up, I could see snapshots of last clip, but could not play back. Now I get nothing. So no plans to support V3 after they release source code?

Rookie

Frequent Contributor

@thegillion remarkable work sir! I consider myself a power user with Iris and I have 4 RC8221 Cameras and 4 OC821 cameras currently running on my setup. I've switched over to ST's and got them working with ST on a live stream but no recording capabilities.  I would love to test and or help in any way I can.  Please message me. I would greatly appreciate it. 

Advanced Member

I belive it's open just click the link in the first post and set up your cameras.

@JRoyas02 wrote:

@thegillion remarkable work sir! I consider myself a power user with Iris and I have 4 RC8221 Cameras and 4 OC821 cameras currently running on my setup. I've switched over to ST's and got them working with ST on a live stream but no recording capabilities.  I would love to test and or help in any way I can.  Please message me. I would greatly appreciate it. 

@JRoyas02 They should still be seen by Iris and if so you can login to Spectral and add the cameras to the system just by clicking on the links.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal

Is the reason that the ftp and events authentication (user/pass) will not work is because the beta is closed?

Will it be open again before the Iris hub dies or is there a work around?

Should anypresets be made now to the cameras (eg Wifi settings, etc.) before Iris goes offline?

And finally, I have 3 OC821s and 3 RC8221s. They all appear to have the same user/pass. Is this normal and can they be changed for security purposes?

Cheers.

L

The system should be working. I know people are having problems with the RC8221 (Iris indoor V1) cameras but the V2 should be working fine. The password are not shown when you pull the config over HTTP. To get the password you have to download the config file and decode it. Where are you seeing the username and password ?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Tinkerer

Okay I figured out how to get in, and get my camera registered on Spectral, however I am not sure it is working right. All I get are stills. How do I configure it to do video, and how would I go about integrating this with say SmartThings? While I want to be able to drop in and say get a view of what the dog is doing when I am at work, I REALLY need it to record once an alarm event has been triggered....