cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you and I will miss you all....

Community Manager

Thank you and I will miss you all....

Hi everyone,

Posting this here rather then the Official Announcements forum because this is a personal note from me and not an official Iris announcement. I just want to first acknowledge how much this all really, really stinks for you, our users. It was an absolute shock - just devastating - for myself and everyone on our team when we heard the news. Iris has been such an important part of all of our lives for along time. My family uses Iris too; I will really miss it, but most importantly, I will miss all of our awesome users. I've worked in a technical role on the Iris team for years, and the thing that always kept me going when I was neck-deep in code or log files was that everything we did was for you guys to make your homes safe and comfortable. I am so sorry that Iris is going away.

Sometimes in life you don't get what you want and the best don't always win. I hope you are all able to complete the redemption process, and have as smooth a transition as possible to whatever system you move to.

Thank you for being Iris user. I will miss you.

-Mike

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Thank you and I will miss you all....

I know I will miss you too. I hope our paths cross again somewhere down the road of life and where your hands are not so tied.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Frequent Contributor

Thank you MikeS. Your replies and knowledge was always helpful.

I look forward to the release of arcus. I hope it can survive and grow.

Thank you Lowes for releasing the code.

Advanced Member

Thanks Mike, I hope the Iris staff are being treated well by the company and are given other oppertunities.  It really sucks that they shutdown rather than sold, I loved many aspects of the app and the service.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Frequent Contributor

Mike i never worked with you directly but I appreciate all that you and your team did behind the scenes to keep everything working. I hope Lowes' isn't leaving you guys completely high and dry, but either way I wish you all well.

Tinkerer

Thank you for all the work that you and your team did for us over the years. Iris was / is a great platform. It's sad to see it go. I know from first hand experience how decisions of upper level management, ingorant of what it takes to actually deal with technology products and projects, can doom things, just so sad to see it happen here.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Mike, as an ealry adopter of IRIS and having been a beta tester for the v2 IRIS, I have been part of that journey as well. I think IRIS was a little ahead of its time, and I chose it as I didn't want 10 different apps, and wanted a single system for security and the smart home.  There are many great smart home devices and systems that have appeared since then, but not that many that combine it all together.  Good luck for the future and hope you find a new job in the smart home area!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Mike for your dedication to your users and being so passionate about what you do.   I know there's a lot of criticism coming out, and a lot of angry people.  Speaking for myself, and I am sure others, the anger that is displayed is NOT toward you in any way.   You're the messenger of this terrible news and for something you're so passionate about, it's got to be awefully difficult to not take it personally.    With all things corporate America, I know the decision to axe Iris comes from a much higher level.  That is the level of Lowes leadership that I am angry with and I'm done with it.   The writing has been there for a very long time.   With that said, I sincerely thank you for all the work YOU and YOUR team put into making Iris the smart home system choice for so many of us. You've kept our home secure. You've added peace of mind while we were away on vacations.   Thank you for all you have done, and I hope that all of you on the Iris team land on your feet.  I do appreciate you.