Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Cameras sometimes not reconnecting to hub

SOLVED
Frequent Contributor

WIFI Cameras sometimes not reconnecting to hub

PROBLEM 1:

I sometimes cannot reconnect to my WIFI cameras after a power outage or if my internet (comcast) connection cycles.  The only way to reconnect is to reset the hub (2 second press on reset button on hub).  Is there a better firmware or software solution to solve this problem.  Other forums out there (i.e. livingwithiris.com) have suggested I remove the hub battery and put a WIFI switch to reset the hub remotely.  While this could help with a manual reset the hub remotely, this is hardly the solution if I'm away and need my cameras to record something like a burglary.   I currently have 3 indoor cameras (first gen) and 2 outdoor camreas (first gen).  

PROBLEM 2:

When the camera view access does work, I sometimes have to close my app and reopen it for me to connect to my cameras.  And it's extremely slow to connect!  Is this problem isolated to just me?  And if not, is there a way to improve this?  There are many other 3rd party solutions out there that do this much better.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: WIFI Cameras sometimes not reconnecting to hub

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/index.php?/topic/3368-iris-20-web-interface-v1018/&do=findComment&co...  Look here. With the Iris Web portal you can reboot or restart your hub.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Frequent Contributor

Wow, amazing portal!  I was poking around and couldn't find where I can do a hub reset/reboot .  I checked under devices and troubleshooting.  Maybe I missed it?  Lowes by Iris should just hire you and pay you an amazing money to fix their stuff!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Nevermind, reread the post you sent me and found it in the thread Smiley LOL  thanks again!