Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

key pad kills batteries in a few days

Community Manager

Re: key pad kills batteries in a few days

Hi,

Thursday is answer day :-)

The new keypad has the same physical size and look as the previous one, but has improvement in the firmware (internal software) and has a louder beep/alarm mode. It should be rolling out to stores over the next month or so.

And, we expect new wireless Iris cameras later this year. Can't given an exact date (this is software development after all) but we are actively working on them.

-Mike

Highlighted
Tinkerer

I have about 40 days left on my return/warranty on all my Iris products. Would it be safe to say it will be out in time for me to return my current keypad to get the new one? Also, will the new cameras have two way audio (speaking and hearing)?
SS1
Rookie

I'm having the same issue as others. Keypad batteries die within 2 weeks. 

Rookie

Same here.  I've had two V2 keypads for almost 2 years, and after having batteries last for 10 months, and then another 10 months, both keypads' batteries died within two days of each other.  Replaced them with fresh Energizer batteries, both died a few days later.  Thought maybe I'd been sold some old batteries, tried again, same thing--died within two days.  I foolishly tried a third time, same thing.  This is unacceptable, Lowe's.