cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

key pad kills batteries in a few days

Frequent Contributor

key pad kills batteries in a few days

I have the second generation the smaller white keypad and have tried regular batteries and rechargeable batteries and both die in 2-3 days I have tried resetting it and still, it does this. This happened to me awhile back and iris sent me a new one and it didn't have a problem now it does the same thing to this one. I think it has to do with some sort of an update issue is my theory. Does anyone know how to fix this I don't want to have to buy another one? 

13 REPLIES 13
Tinkerer

Re: key pad kills batteries in a few days

@rc626184wrote:

I have the second generation the smaller white keypad and have tried regular batteries and rechargeable batteries and both die in 2-3 days I have tried resetting it and still, it does this. This happened to me awhile back and iris sent me a new one and it didn't have a problem now it does the same thing to this one. I think it has to do with some sort of an update issue is my theory. Does anyone know how to fix this I don't want to have to buy another one? 

I would call tech support.   How long have you had the keypad?  Is it still under warrantee (I have no idea how long the system is warranteed for - 90 days?).

Frequent Contributor

about a year i dont think its under warranty but its a deff problem they need to fix. i see people complaining of this but no one seems to have a fix 

Tinkerer

After reviewing Amazon reviews, it appears that this battery type is a hit or miss thing. 

I suppose some of it depends on how often you use the keypad and where it is located.  I do know that batteries do not function as well the colder they are used.  For example, when I use my DSLR camera batteries outside on a cold day, they deplete very quickly, to the point where I remove them from the camera, put them in my pocket to warm up before I can take more shots with the camera.  For that reason, I suggest never to place your keypad on an outside wall, if possible, since that wall will be colder than the inside wall. 

You may want to look at this BATTERY found on Amazon since it got the best reviews of the ones I found.

Frequent Contributor

It's not in a cold area and even if there were the issue then all the batteries I have outside would die fast too but they don't ... it's definitely not the cold as an issue.

Tinkerer

I am having the same issue and I am on my third set of batteries in a few weeks.  I bought energizers from Lowe's beside the Iris stuff this time and I will see how it goes.  They have only been on them two days and it is showing

Keypad Kitchen - 100%  right now so I will see how long that lasts.  I now have a stack of batteries on the counter from various other things that have been going dead also.

Rookie

You should call support and ask them to verify your keypad is on the latest firmware, or if it changed recently.  

Support Staff

Hello,

Yes devices have a 90 day warrenty.

Support Staff

Hello,

Thank you for leaving your feed back and concerns. We have recently been looking into any and all keypad issues. Please keep leaving your feed back. It does help for future updates and newer devices. At this time we have been working on releasing a new keypad. Please keep an eye on our home page at Irisbylowes.com for the new release. 

Sorry again to hear you are having issues. 

Thank you,

Iris Technical Support 

855-469-4747

Tinkerer

Any new features on this new keypad? Any new cameras coming out?