cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sensors

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

sensors

Is there a way to disable a sensor while you are working in the area. I have a couple setup in my garage and I have notification setup to notify if movement and so when I am in the garage it constantly sending emails. I know how to setup rules to not send noticication at times I choose but it would be great to know how to just disable it while I'm in the area. Hope someone has a simple fix that I am missing. Thank in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Tinkerer

Re: sensors

Just go to your rules that you have set up and uncheck the rule on the circle to the left. Check it back when you want the rule to notify you again. If it is a rule on a schedule it will come back on at the scheduled time.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you, I knew there was something simple I was missing. I actually don't have this setup on a schedule for the interior of the garage. Is there away to setup up something when I arm the system it reactivates the rule then.

Advanced Member

I had the same issue in my shop.  I set a schedule to activate the rule at 5:00PM, 12:00AM and then again at 8:00AM.  That way if I forgot to activate manually when I left it would turn back on during the times I would want it on. 

This was one of the main reasons I switched to ST.  It has Geo-fencing so now I have all those notifications to only occur when we are away.