cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any New Indoor Camera with mic and speaker?

Tinkerer

Any New Indoor Camera with mic and speaker?

Are there going to be any cameras that will be released by Iris or other industry cameras incorporated into Iris? I was looking for a camera that has mic and speaker capabilities so I can hear what’s going on and talk to people at house at certain times to know they are safe. Iris is very limited.
14 REPLIES 14
Tinkerer

Re: Any New Indoor Camera with mic and speaker?

@Zone23wrote:
Are there going to be any cameras that will be released by Iris or other industry cameras incorporated into Iris? I was looking for a camera that has mic and speaker capabilities so I can hear what’s going on and talk to people at house at certain times to know they are safe. Iris is very limited.

Where's the "Me Too" button for this section.  I would have pressed it.  I accidentally hit the panic button on the keypad and watched the 5 minute video the rule triggered with the alarm.  It was a horrible video with no sound.  I think watching this video told me that I'd be better off place the camera away from partially looking outside a window.  That position seems to destroy the quality even more.

Advanced Member

You would be better off staying away from the Iris cameras altogether.  There are much better options available for less cost.

Tinkerer

So Iris wouldn’t be a system to incorporate a home security and an indoor camera to work together? How long has the bad cameras been around and has Iris listen to the complaints about incorporating other cameras to Iris or making a legit camera? It can be done. Anything they say to justify they can’t is an excuse.
Advanced Member

The gen2 indoor and outdoor cameras only have a resolution of 720p.  At $135 each they are way overpriced compared to the compitition.

Tinkerer

Why am I holding on to this system? Why is Lowe’s dragging their feey? Honestly, do you think Iris will be around much longer?
Advanced Member

If you're judging the system on the cameras alone then maybe it's time to move on.  I still think Iris is the best solution for a do-it-yourself security system and I believe they are in it for the long run.

Tinkerer

I’m looking at it from an overall perspective and what works for my family. $135 dollars for a camera that not all that great and does not even two way audio for speaking. When searching these posts, the issues of Iris cameras go back a while. Shocking nothing by Iris has been done about it.
Advanced Member

This would be a better option and it has two-way audio.

https://www.amazon.com/ANNKE-Impressive-Detection-Progressive-connection/dp/B01EL3Y1YM

Tinkerer

What does anyone think of the Foscam cameras?  Two way audio, pan and tilt rotation, 1080p, night vision, push alerts, cloud storage, SD card slot to record locally, etc.  Here is the middle indoor version for $79, see LINK.