cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any New Indoor Camera with mic and speaker?

Advanced Member

Re: Any New Indoor Camera with mic and speaker?

Foscam isn't known for quality cameras.  Take a look at these comments before you buy.

Tinkerer

I guess it depends on the needs.  Those reviewers appear to be more image quality conscientious as compared to the Amazon reviewers that are more general.  In this case, and for this purpose, I'm probably more in the general quality crowd of quality needs.  I'm not looking to sell my videos to NatGeo, or anything like that.  I just need at least the quality I'm currently getting from my indoor Iris camera along with the extra bells and whistles of 2 way audio, 1080p versus 720p, etc.  I am an enthusiastic amateur nature and wildlife photographer by the way, so I do appreciate quality images when appropriate.

Tinkerer

Sfink16,

I’m in the same boat. The video doesn’t have to be 4k or even 1920x1080. Just as long as I can see my kids and have two way audio which Iris cameras don’t have yet. You can find cheaper cameras that have this. I’m just trying to have everything on one app especially if I opt to go pro-monitoring. That’s why I’m hoping a camera like this becomes compatible with Iris. If not than why would I need pro Monitoring if I can’t utilize it all.
Tinkerer

Agreed @Zone23!

Rookie

@Zone23 wrote:
Are there going to be any cameras that will be released by Iris or other industry cameras incorporated into Iris? I was looking for a camera that has mic and speaker capabilities so I can hear what’s going on and talk to people at house at certain times to know they are safe. Iris is very limited.

I think watching this video disclosed to me that I'd be in an ideal situation put the camera far from mostly looking outside a window. That position appears to obliterate the quality considerably more.