Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 3?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Gen 3?

Jorhett,

You can disarm when the hub is offline using one of your local keypads, not the app.

-Mike

Tinkerer

@virtu789 wrote:

@jorhett wrote:

In short, we can't disarm the system because the app will be offline, and we can't arm the system for the same reason. The most likely break in method won't be processed, so anyone can break in without any sirens going off.

That is just plain false as a general statment.  I have IRIS 2nd gen hub and I can arm and disarm offline.  Maybe if you have locks you can't - I don't have locks and cannot comment.  You make general negative statements without being specific, which misleads people.

You quoted the last sentence of a very specific, detailed review of how this doesn't work and then claim I'm making a general statement. Only you are making general statements. I'm making very detailed specific statements, with both leading and summaries after them.

If you have something that works effectively when offline, how about you describe your setup and how it meets your needs so that we can be informed?

Tinkerer

@virtu789 wrote:

@jorhett wrote:

In short, we can't disarm the system because the app will be offline, and we can't arm the system for the same reason. The most likely break in method won't be processed, so anyone can break in without any sirens going off.

That is just plain false as a general statment.  I have IRIS 2nd gen hub and I can arm and disarm offline.  Maybe if you have locks you can't - I don't have locks and cannot comment.  You make general negative statements without being specific, which misleads people.

@virtu789 You quoted the last sentence of a very specific, detailed review of how this doesn't work and then claim I'm making a general statement. Only you are making general statements. I'm making very detailed specific statements, with leading sentences, then details, and summaries after them. You can't cherry pick one phrase and then imply a lack of context you removed it from.

If you have something that works effectively when offline, how about you describe your setup and how it meets your needs so that we can be informed? Because so far the only thing you've said is that I'm wrong, without responding to the detailed list of concerns I posted, nor with an answer of how it supposedly works for you.

Frequent Contributor

You said "In short....", that is a summary statement of your entire post that someone takes away to remember, so make sure you include your context in the summary, otherwise you make a conclusion that generalizes the problem with no context, and you invite controversy. 

Beginner

Next week. October 16 I believe. I have one and it is WiFi capable with voice. It's pretty awesome.