Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris 3.0 (Yes, it exists)

Frequent Contributor

Iris 3.0 (Yes, it exists)

Just found this gem on lowes.com.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Smart-Hub/1000571641

820909655244.jpg

I, for one, will need A LOT of convincing before investing in yet another iteration of Iris.

5 REPLIES
Tinkerer

Re: Iris 3.0 (Yes, it exists)

I don't see any indication of "3.0", so at this point I would just assume it's an upgraded 2.0 hub with wifi and an added speaker.

Advanced Member

That looks more like an updated button rather than an updated hub.  Can you provide a link to where you found that?

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Advanced Member

Nevermind I see you posted the link on the other forum and it does say its a hub but the Lowes site is known for having many details wrong so I won't get to worried yet.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Tinkerer

From the FCC information you can find online, it certianly looks like a hub with Zigbee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth, and WiFi chipsets, as well as a rechargable lithium ion battery and a 12V DC power supply... The question is, is this just a wifi version of the V2 hub or something entirely new? I can't see any reason they would need to release a new platform. V2 still hasn't reached its full potential and as far as hardware, this doesn't really add anything game changing... WiFi might be convienient for some, but I prefer wired ethernet for reliability. Also, the lowes specs show a built in speaker, which would be nice to re-enable the voice that was in V1 and missing in V2, however I don't have much confidence in the accuracy of the specs. This also says there are no USB ports... I'm really hoping that is not accurate as the current cellular modem connects via USB.

Highlighted
Advanced Member

If Iris only had a way to release new news and announcements to let people know about these things.  Oh wait....