cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris since Zigbee has gone south for me.

Iris since Zigbee has gone south for me.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Iris since Zigbee has gone south for me.

Did you know Iris doesn't have any supervisors that will talk to you.  I have had a switch reset probably 10 times and it keeps dropping off line.  The zigbee conversion has been very tough and not reliable.  The app is very confusinerg and used 2 different types of logic.  Devices shows switches and the status as of now.  The light switch screen shows the opposite.  What do you want to do.  Very confusing.  I have reported this with screen shots of the app.  I got no response.  Support is really lacking and you can't get to a supervisor.  The system isn't reliable.  Lights will turn on but never turn off.  The thermostat is worthless.  It will loose connection then run wild.... I have just talked to the next level support and that guy seemed like he knew what he was talking about.  He is requesting additional diagnostic software and maybe will have answers in a few days.  Might be interferrance with a wireless house phone.

Frequent Contributor

Per the Devices/Switches screens, I will admit it was initially somewhat confusing.  Use it for a little longer, you'll get used to what information it's trying to convey.  Both screens do report current status, but the actively lit button on the Switches screen means it is press-able, not the actual state of the switch.

For example, a device that's currently OFF will have its ON button as active, OFF will be greyed out.  However, you'll also note that devices that are ON has a thick ring or halo around the graphical switch, vs. the thin for OFF states.

Tinkerer

MANY more Smart Plugs dotted around your house will stablize the network regardless of their current On/Off status.  Because they will repeat both Zigbee and Z-wave protocol signals, devices will stop dropping off or will be able to reconnect by themselves much sooner if they do occasionally disconnect. I have devices in my house and all kinds of devices in two out buildings ranging from 35 to 70 feet away and downgrade from my hub (currently 55 and an Alexa Dot to be added later today). Three Smart Plugs in the out buildings have eliminated disconnects of both Zigbee and Z-wave sensors and several (Z-wave signal repeating) AC house wired devices.  Also add a Wi-Fi repeater for any outlying Wi-Fi devices you may have as well.  Less distance between devices will also lengthen device battery life.