cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell Iris to Amazon

Frequent Contributor

Sell Iris to Amazon

Rumors are floating around that Lowes may outsource/sell Iris?? I think Amazon would be the perfect match....
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sell Iris to Amazon

I haven't heard this but I do know something is coming. Do you have a site you saw this at ?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Frequent Contributor

I can't remember and it may have even been on the other forum.
Tinkerer

That is news

Link / source ???

@Medic wrote:
I can't remember and it may have even been on the other forum.

Nothing about this on the other forum that I am aware of.  Sounds like rumor and speculation to me.

Tinkerer

I may have posted speculation about this happening one day (It was in the thread about CES I believe) because I don't see how iris can hang with the big guys.
This was purely unsubstantiated speculation though...
I don't think iris has the user base to interest Amazon. I also don't think amazon is interested in diving deeper into hardware sales. I believe the echo was an experiment, and their long term plan is to license the software to be used with 3rd party manufacturers. A lot of these devices featuring alexa were showcased at CES apparently... 
I can't imagine they want to get wrapped up in something like iris, which is already struggling in the shadows of juggernauts like smartthings and nest, with other services such as simplisafe, nexia, insteon, alarm.com, at&t, and comcast xfinity also in the mix... iris is just small potatoes and I couldn't imagine a giant like amazon would even have iris on it's radar.