cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will IRIS still work without monitoring after March 31?

Highlighted

Will IRIS still work without monitoring after March 31?

I haven't seen this question posted or answered in here yet but my question is will the Iris devices still function in coordination with a smart phone after March 31?  Understanding that there will no longer be any support or monitoring, I still think there might be use in the home automation functions as well as the smart phone alarm notifications.  I would continue to use my devices for "in-home" use provided the app doesn't instantly go dark at 2359 on March 31, 2019.

Thanks for the response.

2 REPLIES 2
Advanced Member

Re: Will IRIS still work without monitoring after March 31?

Without a reply from Iris support I'd say it should work with all local devices like keypads to arm/disarm, door/window contacts, water sensors, smoke detectors, motion sensors, locks, siren ... but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get into the app anymore so you will never be able to change your passcodes, remove devices, add devices, change rules, view cameras, ...  And any devices that talk through the cloud like Alexa, Google, Iris Wifi SmartPlug, cameras, notifications (so you won't know if there is an issue at home or be able to check on your home remotely)... will no longer work.  You also won't be able to do a Z-Wave repair so it is likely that it would only work this way for a short while before things start breaking that you won't be able to repair.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Community Manager

Re: Will IRIS still work without monitoring after March 31?

@C27686 wrote:

I haven't seen this question posted or answered in here yet but my question is will the Iris devices still function in coordination with a smart phone after March 31?  Understanding that there will no longer be any support or monitoring, I still think there might be use in the home automation functions as well as the smart phone alarm notifications.  I would continue to use my devices for "in-home" use provided the app doesn't instantly go dark at 2359 on March 31, 2019.

Thanks for the response.

It won't really work at all. The cloud platform will no longer be online. Local processing for safety alarms would still work (i.e. if smoke is detected then your siren would go off) but nothing else will operate, and the apps won't have anything to connect to. 

-Mike