cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why lowes sucks.

why lowes sucks.

Well lets see. They sold a product that they put there name on for several years. Then they ran it into the ground. Because they are worthless people. They committed fraud. When they kept selling the product. Even as they kept diminishing its presence in the store. They gave out false info on the chats. Like "no the platform isnt going anywhere". So after you had a loyal customer. You found a way to screw it up. Loosers. Thats all I can say......just kidding. Thieves, f@#$!$g a@# holes, you belong in jail at best. No way will I ever step foot into another L!@#s store. I will be the one cheering when your in bankrupcy court.
5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Contributor

Re: why lowes sucks.

They should open source the codes for the v1 sensors and allow full local processing for the hubs so that we all can continue to use the products that we have. This will allow us to either continue with what we have or take it to another service.
Frequent Contributor

They should open up the codes for v1 sensors as well as making everything open source so that we can either continue to use what we have or take them to another provider.
Advanced Member

I'm ok with how this went down.  I will be able to move all V2 stuff to a different hub, and they are paying us full original retail for the stuff that won't move to another platform.  As with all electronics, prices are much lower now, so I can get a lot more gear for less money than they are giving me.  And I get modern updated equipment.  Does anyone really want to keep using those ginormous V1 smart plugs?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

why lowes sucks.
Well lets see. They sold a product that they put there name on for several years. Then they ran it into the ground. Because they are worthless people. They committed fraud. When they kept selling the product. Even as they kept diminishing its presence in the store. They gave out false info on the chats. Like "no the platform isnt going anywhere". So after you had a loyal customer. You found a way to screw it up. Loosers. Thats all I can say......just kidding. Thieves, f@#$!$g a@# holes, you belong in jail at best. No way will I ever step foot into another L!@#s store. I will be the one cheering when your in bankrupcy court.
I hope you feel better after your rant....   Lowes did the right thing under the circumstances and is paying us for the Gen1 equipment which can't be used on any other system, they have zero obligation to do that. Most reasonable people are happy with what has been offered to them. I for one got more back more than I originally paid for them and am excited about getting a new system but am realizing Iris really was one of a kind, it is hard to replace both their safety and security with just one new system.  I will continue to shop at Lowes
Have a nice day

Tinkerer

I agree with you guys. This was a great deal for me also. I bought systems for 4 properties and I'm getting back plenty. I didn't pay full price for anything. I always bought on sale or even from the clearance rack. I also learned quick that just because my nearest store had an item for one price the one on the way to another property may be different. I would stop at different Lowe's stores just to do a quick stroll through. Also did some Internet shopping in different states stores. I got some great bargains. The places I put the V3 systems in along with the new battery cameras I made out great!!! I'm waiting on an Abode system to try out this week. It seems comparable to IRIS as a dual system.