cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck integrating with Rachio sprinkler controller?

SOLVED
Tinkerer

Any luck integrating with Rachio sprinkler controller?

I've seen the Orbit controller but it seems really primitive, no external water sensor, etc. Given the total lack of "build your own" rules in Iris, I'm looking at the Rachio or Rainbird controllers which have more smarts. Any experiences with this?

Note: I'm probably going to hook to the Wink not the Iris but wondered what others experiences were.

8 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: Any luck integrating with Rachio sprinkler controller?

I ended up going with the skydrop.  I have been pleased with it.  It does not have external water sensors but it uses weather data pretty well.

Community Manager

Hi,

You'll be happy to know that adding support for the Rachio system is something we are working on and hope to have good news to share with you before the next growing season begins.

Thanks,

-Mike

Tinkerer

I'm in California. It's always growing except when it's burning Smiley Sad

Rookie

Do we have a time frame for when Rachio will be available?  Rachio is by far the best sprinkler out there.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

Nothing we can announce yet.

It's not just you, several of us have Rachio sprinklers at our homes and adding support for these in Iris is on our road map :-)

-Mike

Rookie

We're getting close to spring...any new updates on the official release???

Community Manager

I do have an update - alas it is not the best news.

We intended to add Rachio support this growing season but as we were working on implementing this new functionality, we found that the Rachio API (in programming-speak, this is how different systems "talk" to each other) doesn't have the functionality we need to interact with their devices from Iris. This mean likely no Rachio this Spring. We are still working on improving the Iris irrigation solutions and will share news here and other places as it becomes available (and as always you can ask here).

-Mike

Tinkerer

For those of us that both utilize and support APIs on a daily basis, could you be more specific @MikeS ?