cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT-101 Thermostat changes on its own

Rookie

CT-101 Thermostat changes on its own

I have had Iris running for 4+ years, and have used the CT-101 thermostat.

Recently it changes the temperature on its own.  I woke up at 2AM to a hot house, the thermostat increased to 72 - I have it set on a shcuedle to 65 at night.  I checked my history and it seems to change to 71 or 72 randomaly.  And then gets reset based on the next scheduled change.  Anyone see wierd behavior with the thermostat?  Does it need to be reset?

4 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: CT-101 Thermostat changes on its own

I had one weird issue where at 3:00am on the new's year eve my CT-101 tuned itself off.  Then 9 minutes later it set itself back to heat.  Luckily it did as it was really cold that night.  Would have woken up to a pretty cold house had it not came back on.  It hasn't it done it since, but I have been watching it.

Tinkerer

How strange! I've been experiencing something similar but I have the GoControl Thermostat... it will randomly set the mode to COOL... or it's even set the mode to COOL and then the terperature to like 47degrees. I've had it change itself and then it HOLDS the schedule indefinaely because a HOLD will interrupt the schedule until you take it off the HOLD. 

Anyone else having this issue? Mine is not the CT-101... mine is the GoControl Item # 755152 Model # GC-TBZ48L

Advanced Member

I have a CT-101 controlling my furnace and a GoControl on my gas fireplace and haven't had any issues with either.

Tinkerer

Hey @jtmc!

A quick call to Support tonight because I was still having this weird issue with the thermostat changing on it’s own only to discover it was once again, my own doing!

I had an “I’m home” scene that included the thermostat that I created in the summer. The scene turned on my living room lights, ambient lights and set my thermostat to cool whenever I unlocked the front door post 6pm. Which would totally make sense in the summer, but not now so I wasnt understanding.

Check your scenes/rules and see if something is triggering the thermostat to change like mine was. I feel another D’oh! moment!

Thanks support team! @Iris