cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE PRODUCTS some uncertified

Highlighted
Tinkerer

GE PRODUCTS some uncertified

There are several GE products that list compatible with Iris on the box (ie portable smart motion sensor) but show up in the Iris app as uncertified devices, still. Does Iris by Lowe's have a time line when these devices will be certified?
37 REPLIES 37
Tinkerer

Re: GE PRODUCTS some uncertified

Which devices are having the issues?  Everything (iris releated) I have bought from the store has worked as expected.

Did you buy them at a Lowes?

Frequent Contributor

If the box says works with IRIS and the device is the same model number as shown on the box, it shouldn't be showing up as uncertified, period. Have you tried reinstalling the devices?

Tinkerer

Yes, I did purchase the item online at lowes.
I have uninstall and re installed, multiple times. It still shows up as uncertificed device. The motion part works, but the temp does not.
https://m.lowes.com/pd/GE-Z-Wave-140-Degree-Passive-Infrared-Security-Motion-Detector-Works-with-Iri...
Community Manager

This doesn't sound right to us. Please give support a call at 1-855-469-4747 who can help troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

The Iris Team

Operations Director

The GE team made a packaging error on a handful of SKUs. They put the "Works with Iris" logo on the box when they should not have done so. Some of these items work as unsupported devices, but some may not.

I am aware of three items where this is the case.

• 34193 - Tabletop Motion Sensor, Battery Operated USB Power W/Wall Mount
  • 35931 - Z-Wave A19 60W Equivalent LED Bulb, 2700k
  • 32563 - Z-Wave Plus Hinge Pin Door Sensor
Tinkerer

Fyi, the Lowe's website says "works with Iris", you might to fix that.

https://m.lowes.com/pd/GE-Z-Wave-140-Degree-Passive-Infrared-Security-Motion-Detector-Works-with-Iri...
Beginner

I just purchased the GE In Wall Smart Dimmer (Model 12729) and it also shows up as "This device is not supported yet" on my Android phone app.  Did I I do something wrong, or is it no longer supported?  

I have a dimmer but mine is a ZW3003
-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Tinkerer

I have GE dimmer model 12724 and it worked fine. It seems you are using the toggle version of that same basic switch.

Sometimes a device makes me pair it a couple of times to get into show up. I have better luck when, I select the item to add, not let it find it on it's own.
There are a lot of GE devices now, with the addition on the Zwave Plus switches. IRIS just may not be up to speed on them.