cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE PRODUCTS some uncertified

Advanced Member

Re: GE PRODUCTS some uncertified

I just looked and it does show as a un-certified device, but it does work.

As an aside, I moved the sensor to SmartThings for awhile, but it was not very reliable.  It is on the door of my shop and I have it turn on the shop lights when the door opens.  About every week or so I would find my shop lights on or would get a message while we were away somewhere saying my shop door had opened.  I could open and shut door and it would be fine for awhile.  I also adjusted it two or three times.  I have since put it back on Iris and it has been rock solid for over a month now, not one false opening since.

Advanced Member

@MikeS, does your fix apply to the GE Link bulbs?  Are these ever going to be fully supported?

Community Manager

Hi,

The GE Link bulbs are not currently officially supported as you may have discovered. We continuously evaluate potential products for Iris certification so it's possible they may be supported down the road but I can't promise anything right now. 

Thanks,

-Mike

Advanced Member

This is dissappointing, but thanks for the response!

Frequent Contributor

Hey Mike,

Can't get Irirs to recognize GE/Jasco dimmer 14299.  Box says it works with Iris and it will instantly pair but then just says it's not supported and performs no functions.  Tried unpairing/repairing about 10 times.

Tinkerer

If there was ever a device where it is necessary to be within 10 feet of the Iris Hub when pairing, its any of the GE devices.  You have to bring the router and hub to the house wired device on a long telephone cord or coax cable, depending on your specific Internet source connection type.  I have several GE devices right now that need to be re-paired due to the cold weather rendering them useless.

Community Manager

Hi divot71,

Can you please PM me your Iris account email address or your hub ID so I can take a look at this?

Thanks!

-Mike

Tinkerer

While on the topic of GE devices in general, the specifications for operating temperature range is 32 degrees to 104 degrees. In light of the nationwide sub-freeze this past week, you might be interested to know that they will survive all the way down to zero degrees. When I had my recent hub debacle and the subsequent issues with re-pairing, difficulty pairing an outlet, a dimmer switch and two on/off switches, was considered by both tech support and myself that they were probably goners. Not the case with any of them. The outlet is in the end of a built in bench on the deck, completely unprotected other than the electrical box it is in. The other devices are in wall, two with insulation and one without insulation. They all have come back to life (done at 45 degrees) by really hitting them hard with the Z-Wave Device Removal Tool. Once that was completed, they each paired quite quickly. FYI.
Highlighted
Advanced Member

I have had the same experience this winter with a GE outlet and a GE switch in my shed both have gone offline and come back multiple times this winter, sometimes staying offline for days, and it seems to be temperature related.  The GE switch and two Iris SmartPlugs I have in the garage (partially uninsulated but connected to the house so warmer) have all been fine even when it was -14F outside.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Tinkerer

@MikeSwrote:

Hi,

The GE Link bulbs are not currently officially supported as you may have discovered. We continuously evaluate potential products for Iris certification so it's possible they may be supported down the road but I can't promise anything right now. 

Thanks,

-Mike

This is odd since I've read a review on Amazon for the GE Link Smart LED Light Bulb, A19 Soft White, albeit conflicting with another person.  Here is the LINK to that review.  Anyway., I was considering buying one of these for my ceiling fan that has placement for 4 bulbs.  Is it OK to buy one bulb, and leave 3 other non-smart dimmer bulbs in,  or do I hav to buy all 4?