Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE PRODUCTS some uncertified

Rookie

Re: GE PRODUCTS some uncertified

I'm having an issue with :

Item # 829537 / Model # 14288- GE outlet

It pairs as "uncertified" and will not switch on/off from Iris. GE lists it as supported by Iris.

Frequent Contributor

I am also having an issue with a GE Plug. Spent several hours pairing/unpairing (using both IOS and Andriod for the Z-Wave tool!) only for it to show up as an uncertified device. Before this I had great luck with 5 GE z-wave light switches (awesome with Alexa!)

Super frustrated with this plug. 

The item is ZW1002  GE Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Outlet. The model number doesn't show in the GE section of the  app.

I followed reset procedures (Turned off the breaker for over 10 seconds...had my wife flip the breaker on as I held down the button)

I pressed the button on the plug quickly 3 times in a row (read that somewhere)

I pressed the botton on the plug 10 times (read that somewhere)

Ready to give up and take it back. On a quick side note I have seen a ton of "open boxes" at the different Lowes locations. Use caution when purchasing one of these open boxes as the outdoor light plug switch I purchased was used...and was the older model! (not the "PLUS" version) Some people I tell you..............

Community Manager

Hi guys,

We just discovered an issue with some new GE in-wall plugs not showing up properly as certified devices upon pairing. We are testing a fix and hope to have it in place within the next several days. 

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

Similiar issues, but here's a different product from the others listed so far: I have the GE branded (Jasco made?) Z-Wave Enbrighten EZ Smart LED Bulb, as well as two dimmers that I have not tried yet. They all say Works with Iris.

I can get the bulb to pair, but it is labeled as uncertified and there are no controls. I've tried the usual procedures to get it to work, including soft resets of the hub and the flipping the switch 4 times in 4 seconds to reset the buld. No matter what combination I attempt I can not get it to be recognized as a certified device by Iris. I have spent hours of my time with this.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

J. Mills

Frequent Contributor

Something else I just noticed that may or may not be germane to the topic: when the Z=Wave removal tool says it has found and removed the device, it shows it as a dimmer switch. It's a dimmable bulb--so the hub is on the right track, but not quite right either.

J. Mills

Community Manager

Hi,

Wanted to let folks know that the fix for some GE/Jasco products not showing up properly in Iris after pairing has been resolved. If you have a GE device that didn't pair correctly (such as the in-wall plug) you'll need to re-pair it and it should be recognized and work correctly. Thank you for your patience and please let us know if you are still seeing any Iris-certified GE/Jasco products not pair correctly.

Thanks!

-Mike

Rookie

The GE hinge pin sensor is not on the list under brands and will not pair. Iris supported on box

Advanced Member

I have a GE hinge sensor and it pairs fine and works great.

Advanced Member

I had to pair mine about 20 times when I first got it before I got it to connect correctly.  It still said Uncertified Device or something like that but it did work as expected.  I removed it when the local processing came out and haven't added it back yet.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Rookie

Finally got it to pair today. Did nothing different. Found it in seconds and seems to be working fine. Not sure what happened before......