cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoControl Thermostat - Fan Control Missing from App?

Highlighted

GoControl Thermostat - Fan Control Missing from App?

I bought my Iris system primarily for climate control, and haven't figured out a way to control the fans on the thermostats via the app.  When I paired on to another Z-Wave hub that I have (the old StaplesConnect) I had full manual fan control.  

When paired with Iris, there doesn't appear to be a fan control -- all I can see is whether the fan is already running or not.

Am I missing something, or is this feature notably missing from the app?  If the later, PLEASE add it!!!

10 REPLIES 10

Re: GoControl Thermostat - Fan Control Missing from App?

Fan control for your HVAC system in not ready yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal

Fan control is a pretty basic function for a thermostat. Iris has been around for some time now, so not being able to control the basic functions of a thermostat is a HUGE shortcoming.
Tinkerer

@HighTechnology wrote:
Fan control is a pretty basic function for a thermostat. Iris has been around for some time now, so not being able to control the basic functions of a thermostat is a HUGE shortcoming.

Fan control is missing for all of the supported thermostats with V2.  It's like they didn't even read the specifications for Zwave when it came to the V2, and instead just jumbled up some code and said that it's working as intended.

Frequent Contributor

why not? when will it be.. this is a core feature IMO.

Amen to adding fan control.  It is a major annoyance to not be able to turn the fan off from the app.

Tinkerer

Go kudo or upvote the one that I posted in the Feature Suggestions, a while back.  They might add it that way.

Tinkerer

I agree, this needs to be added...  why should I have the ability to do everything else, but have to walk to the thermostat to manually change the Fan if I want to turn it on..    it makes NO sense not to have this from the APP.

Frequent Contributor

The fan control using a SmartThings Hub with this thermostat works just fine.  Why has this taken so long to get to work on the IRIS hub?

Tinkerer