What's New in the Iris 2.12 Platform:
More Generic Z-Wave Drivers
Iris has added additional generic Z-Wave support for Fan Controllers, Sirens, Door Locks, Thermostats, and Garage Doors.
What's New in the Iris 2.12 Web UI:
Additional devices supported for pairing
Iris has added support for pairing devices that use cloud integration from the Web UI, for example Nest and Honeywell.
Lawn and Garden Support
Iris has added support for the Lawn and Garden service from the web UI – you can now set up schedules for your sprinkler system or hose timer, manually water, define your zones, etc.
What's New in the Iris 2.11 Mobile Applications:
Android bug fix
Video snapshot images shown in the camera card now display the full image captured by the camera.
iOS bug fix
Further improvements handling user authentication to make logging in more reliable, especially when using biometric authentication.
Enhanced pairing (iOS and Android)
In both iOS and Android, pairing devices has been enhanced. The apps now have an entirely new pairing UI that uses more color and is easier to read and follow. The apps feature more intelligent status updates during pairing, a better post-pairing experience, and better troubleshooting advice when things go wrong.
- When adding a device, select a brand by selecting one of the large color brand logos. There are three built-in filters, "All Products", "Hub Required" and "No Hub Required."
- Tapping the magnifying glass icon on the upper right will bring up an intelligent search function that allows free-form searching (for example "button").
- “Advanced User Pairing" link is now located at the bottom of the list of manufacturers. Tapping this link will enable advanced users to place the hub directly into pairing mode without selecting a specific device to pair.
- Selecting a specific device will bring forth the new pairing wizard, which will walk you through the device setup process step by step.
- Once you have tapped the "Start Searching" button, the hub will go into pairing mode. At any time while the hub is searching for devices, you can tap the "Go to Dashboard" button to end the pairing process and return to the dashboard.
- If Iris can’t find your new device, a "Troubleshooting Tips" screen will be automatically shown, providing basic tips to help pair devices. Additionally, the option to factory reset the device being paired will be displayed.
- If a device doesn’t pair properly, the option to attempt to fix the mis-paired device will be displayed right in the pairing wizard, avoiding the need to manually “clean up” mis-paired devices (“New Device 1”).
- After pairing, the Iris app will guide you through the process of naming your new device, adding it to the favorites, and if it is an alarm device, adding it to your alarm system.
... View more
Iris April 2018 Release Notes
Platform Version 2.11 - What’s New
Changes to Sign-Up Process to Confirm Email Addresses:
The Iris account sign-up process has been updated to require an email address confirmation.
This will protect against users accidentally entering an incorrect email address as well as confirming they own the email address used for sign-up.
Note: Customers using apps older then 2.10 will continue to sign up without requiring email confirmation.
Official "Works With Iris" support for four Sengled Element light bulbs:
Iris now supports:
Sengled Element Classic A19 Dimmable, Element Classic BR30 Dimmable, Element Plus A19 Tunable White, and Element Color Plus A19 light bulbs. These are all ZigBee bulbs.
Generic Z-Wave Driver for Switches and Dimmers:
A generic driver has been added to Iris so that any Z-Wave switch or dimmer can be paired as an uncertified device and will be useable from the apps or web site.
Support for GE In-Wall Capacitive Touch Dimmer Switch:
A driver has been added for the Z-Wave GE In-Wall Capacitive Touch Dimmer Switch (model ZW3009) to allow it to be paired with Iris.
Bug fix - Care Alarms:
When an audible Care Alarm is cancelled, all keypads will stop sounding as expected.
Web UI Version 2.11 - What’s New
Pairing flows for many more Iris devices added:
Support has been added for full pairing flows from the web UI for many more “Works With Iris” devices, including all ZigBee, Z-Wave, Sercomm, and IPCD devices.
Support Added for Z-Wave Tools:
Z-Wave device removal and the option to rebuild your Z-Wave network have been added to the Web UI.
They are accessible from the Devices tab, under "Z-Wave Tools."
Styling and layout fixes:
Numerous minor display issues have been addressed.
Android and iOS App Versions 2.10 - What’s New
Both the Android and iOS 2.10 apps have been updated with the new Account Creation flow which includes the email verification steps described above.
Note: iOS 2.10 is expected to release within the next couple weeks
... View more